I love free mp3 audio of the Classics!
Please visit Dr. David Bradshaw’s homepage which contain some extremely intelligent and useful essays (particular a couple of papers on the term energeia, or, in English, “energies”).
You will not be disappointed.
Take a look. Vol. 5 articles available in pdf format.
Iliad Pronunciation Guide, for the Richmond Lattimore translation
Appearing on my mp3 player (courtesy of the good folks at Librivox.org)
- Aristotle, Poetics (Ingram Bywater translation)
- Homer, The Iliad (Samuel Butler translation)
- Homer, The Odyssey (Butler translation)
- Plato, The Apology (Benjamin Jowett translation)
- Plato, Euthyphro (Jowett translation)
- Plato, Ion (Jowett translation)
- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War (Richard Crowley translation)
Wanna learn Greek and/or Latin by email, for free? Check out: Latin & Greek Study Groups.
Back in the 1999-2000 timeframe I took part in some Latin email learning. It’s great stuff. I highly recommend it.